Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Greens and blues

Two finished pieces today. Yesterday's little quilt is now quilted and bound. I'm liking the Japanese style still life here. The pouch at the back is an old one I made a few years ago, combining sashiko embroidery with Japanese and vintage wool fabric and a vintage button fastener. The gorgeous old green vase is a junk shop find.
I was loving the greens and blues so much, I decided to use up some scraps and make an improvised and messy scrap quilt. I went to my Denyse Schmidt book to get some inspiration for the quilting and decided on random zig zags.
Here's another view of the green and blue pinwheel. I really like this little quilt but am disappointed at the colours in the photo. I played around with my camera setting and couldn't get much better than this. Oh, well!
Four down, two to go!

Only one coat of paint in the kitchen today, due to the cold and the fact that I'm getting really sick of painting. I opened a shocker of a plumber's bill in the afternoon and used the adrenalin rush to paint that one coat! Over $200 for less than an hour's work - can you believe it? I rang the company straight away and the person responsible for the billing will ring me in the morning to discuss. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment