Thursday, January 12, 2012

Grab your sunnies!

Mini quilt number five is complete! Boy, is this one bright! Not totally to my current taste, but it's got rid of some scraps and will be hidden in the cupboard. It is quite joyous and exuberant, though - but I couldn't live with it everyday.
Here's the back. I used up a fat quarter of the pink and orange print and included it in the scrappy binding. I've never tried a scrappy binding before, but it works well on this quilt and ties everything together. I quilted it in a simple diagonal.
Five down, one to go. Today was my deadline to have all of them finished, and I'm ok with not meeting it. The last one will get done by the end of the weekend. I am sooooo looking forward to filling the cupboard and hiding away my clutter.

I would love a dedicated studio - even a small spare room would be a luxury. Maybe one day. In the meantime I can admire Anna Maria Horner's magnificent studio here. I don't know how she manages to run a successful business and look after six children. What a superwoman!

No comments:

Post a Comment