Thursday, February 9, 2012

My very first pojagi!

It was my sister's birthday in January and I made her a pojagi window hanging as part of her birthday present. I used the same hanky linen as my bathroom curtain. I think the crisp texture and see-through-ness of the fabric is perfect for this technique. It's based on traditional Korean patchwork and I followed the Silly BooDilly's tutorial 2 here.
Here is the piece in progress. It was very enjoyable to make, but quite time consuming. You press and encase all the seams as you go to get the lovely stained glass outline effect. Here is a beautiful example in blues by the Silly BooDilly. Isn't that just one of the loveliest things? And another beautiful example in neutrals.
If you doubled your fabric in one of the panels you could encase a leaf, or a feather. So delicate and peaceful to look at.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh how absolutely beautiful. I must try that technique. I've never seen that done before in quilts. It looks like a French seam. Love your patchwork!

    ReplyDelete