Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mitts, socks, a hat and a quilt-a-long


Well, it's been a long while since my last post. I've done lots of crafting, but not a lot of posting! I've joined A Sentimental Quilter's April quilt-a-long and am very happy so far. It has taken a lot longer than I expected to get these little blocks together. There's a real art to getting scrappy blocks looking good and Kathleen Tracy is  a genius. I have all her books and love her small quilts to bits.


These fingerless gloves are bit of a frankenstein - cuffs from Nancy Bush's 'Norwegian Gloves', some stripes to my own design, meshed together using an old Patons glove pattern. They've turned out ok, but I don't like the colours now they're knitted up. I'd definitely make them again - in different colours.

I wrote out the pattern as a pdf, so it'll be easy to replicate them. I'm not sure about posting it as a freebie because I've re-used the cuff from someone else's pattern. I learned a lot writing up the pattern and would definitely like to publish something original in the future.

The completed socks! These were given to my friend Alice, and she has been wearing them around the house to keep cosy.

And finally a beanie for my brother's birthday. I love the way the greens and blues and greys meld together. I wasn't sure about the colour combination when I started, but love the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment