Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mariner's compass workshop - part 1

A couple of months ago, I wrote that I had enrolled in a Mariner's compass workshop at the Patch Works in West Hobart. We had our first of two sessions this afternoon and it was great. I have never done paper foundation piecing before and the crisp result and accurate points are truly astounding. Jill is a patient and knowledgeable tutor and I learned so much!

I completed the last of my eight point units about 10 minutes ago and had to post straight away! Next bit of homework is to joint the eight units together. I'll do that in daylight when I'm less tired.

It's coming along nicely! I haven't chosen the fabric for my curved inner border yet. I'm thinking a dark caramel brown or mid blue. I have lots of fabric left over from the points, and was thinking of using it in a pieced rather than plain border. Can't wait for our second workshop!

The other ladies in the workshop are using mainly batiks and have chosen some really awesome colour combinations - lots of lovely greens, blue and purples. I'm looking forward to seeing their finished projects - how inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment