Saturday, February 9, 2013

Getting there...


This is my Quilted Crow project in progress. I'm really liking the soft blues and neutrals. I think I'll keep the pallet as simple as possible and not use all the fabrics shown in my previous post.

Once the blocks are done, I'll be attempting some wool applique. I'm not looking forward to tracing and cutting out all the little pieces! Once that's done, though, I imagine the appliqueing will be quite therapeutic.

And now for something completely different! This is a needlepoint panel that will be made into a zippered pouch. I'll back it in soft navy leather and line it with bright silk. I've made quite a few similar little 'colour studies' in the past and felt a hankering to make some more. Unfortunately my camera doesn't quite capture the richness of the colours.


I've already prepared a selection of wools for the next project. I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this. My first idea was to blend shades of orange and purple. Then I wanted a selection of washed-out but intense colours inspired by shells and bits and pieces washed up on a beach. It's all so yummy I'll have a lovely time soaking up the colours while I make a decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment