Friday, May 27, 2011

A Finished Quilt!

Here is my finished Verna quilt, professionally quilted by the Quilted Crow ladies in New Town. They did a wonderful job and I'm thrilled with the quilting - but now it's done I don't like it any more! I loved the fresh and citrus colours as I was piecing it, but my tastes are moving more towards reproduction fabrics and classic reds, pinks, blues and browns. More of that to follow in another post...

 Here's a close up of the beautiful stippling, and the plain binding.

Here's a good view of the different fabrics. I haven't washed the quilt yet, but have been assured that it will crinkle really well. It's not very soft at the moment, and would hopefully soften up after a few washes. Postscript: My dad popped around with an early birthday present - a new heater for my little flat - and I have given the quilt to him. He loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment